Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Of Durian and Football

I am NOT going to write about the game last Sunday. NOT going to.

Yeah. So it was raining. Was waiting for a friend to come pick me up to go watch the game, when parents came back with 2 sacks of durians.

Bbm: "Sorry. Am watching the game at home. Durian just called."
 
Now, I know durians are the best when they are golden yellow, thick custardy flesh shining at you like soft gold pillows. But I, have different taste. I prefer the white bittersweet flesh of durian kampung, and Mum and Dad know me too well that they brought back one sack of durian kampung just for me. *Love*

One thing I don't get. My whole family love eating durians with pulut and santan and sugar sprinkled in. I detest pulut, so whenever there's durian in the house, everyone would be eating together at the dining table all proper with plates filled with durian, pulut and the lots, and I would be in the kitchen sitting cross-legged on the floor cutting open durians all by myself. -__-'

Anyway, that night, I had 8 whole durians. To myself. Ate while watching the game, after game so stressed already, ate some more. Got a thousand bbms from people gloating about the score, ate some more. Next thing I knew, Bam! Massive headache! 

I could not sleep the whole night. Thanks Mr Durian.

0 comments:

Post a Comment