Friday, June 17, 2011

Girl Scout-ing

Okay, I didn't grow up in the States, neither was I a Girl Scout. But in 2002, I was doing my A Levels and one of my classmates used to live in Ohio. One day, she invited me to a bbq and gave me some gooey square-ish mess to eat. I thought she was evil. After I took a bite, I thought she was the prettiest person on earth.
S'mores. For the uninitiated, Girl Scouts invented these little morsels, hence my Girl Scout reference. Since graham crackers are as easy to find in KL as fairy dust, I settle for digestives everytime I make my s'mores treat. I must say, I prefer it better with digestives. Call me un-Girl Scout-y, but McVities has some kind of power over me. Irresistible.

Anyway, I was craving for s'mores this week. I didn't want to hold a bbq party and call all my friends just so I could toast some marshmallows over the grill, so I thought of a way to actually eat s'mores without having to toast marshmallows on the bbq pit.



S'mores brownies. A layer of brownies, a layer of digestives, topped with mini chocolate bars, and finally a layer of marshmallows. 

Puffy gooey mess. Just perfect.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh yummy. Now I know the meaning of s'mores! And it is the perfect medicine! The one that my doctor would approve of! :)

Post a Comment