Thursday, July 14, 2011

White Chocolate Caramel

When I posted the hot fudge sundae cake pictures on Facebook last week, a lot of my friends commented how drool-worthy it looked. Well, to be honest, the pictures were crappy. I have zero=zilch=nil presentation skills, which is something I need to work on, obviously. I am the most uncreative person in the world (can't draw to save a life, seriously), but I shall unleash whatever creative juices I have flowing in me to make my future cakes more presentable. *creates Unbreakable Vow to self* =p

I digress. For the record, the cake was drool-worthy. Hehe. Everyone loved it. So I thought, would it be as delish if I made it with white chocolate? Experiment! I love =D

I decided to sub the dark chocolate for white, added more flour in lieu of the cocoa powder (in lieu? What are we, latin now?), and used brown sugar to make a white choc/caramel cake. After all, white chocolate and caramel can never go wrong.

And the icing on the cake? Literally and figuratively. HAHA gosh I love that one. Okay, anyway I made salted caramel sauce to go on top of the whipped cream frosting. 

Let me tell you something about salted caramel. 

It is FOOD ORGASM.

I am not exaggerating.

There's something terribly addictive about the gooey salty/sweet combo, that makes you go licking spoonful and spoonful and spoonful of it, until you realise the sad cake is still un-iced, waiting to be drenched in its own salty/sweet gooeyness.


Forgive my failed spiderweb -___-   Next time I'll do a better one, I promise.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

What do you mean it's a failed spiderweb, its beautiful, and of course, yummylicious!

And you are right, salted caramel is awesome! Had my own presumptions, but once I taste it.. wow.. food orgasm? Nah, it's more than that! LOL!

Post a Comment