Monday, August 8, 2011

Durian Cheesecake

My love for durian is nothing new. For the past 2 months or so, everywhere you go in KL there are durian stalls by the roadside. I have eaten approximately 86 durians in the last 30 days or so, my blood type is practically D.
Too much of a good thing is a bad thing. Doesn't seem to apply to me HAHA. I've made durian puff pastries, durian ice cream (which is YUM) and recently I made durian cheesecake.

I wanted vanilla sponge to go as the base, but as I found out after having scoured both Tesco AND Carrefour for vanilla sponge, apparently people prefer chocolate, pandan or orange to vanilla, because both supermarkets don't sell vanilla! Pffft.

Okay, no matter. Imma buy the chocolate one then. Chocolate + durian + cheese? This is gonna be one big success or one major fail whale.

Fresh out of the oven. Look at how smooth it is!
Soft, melt-in-your-mouth goodness
Success! I think I shall be making this again and again. It tastes of silky wholesome durian, with the tanginess of cream cheese, and I take back what I said about chocolate and durian combo. It's awesome. The bittersweet chocolate sponge offsets the creaminess of the cake, and since it's very light, it doesn't cause that heavy feeling you get in your stomach after eating one too many cheesecakes.

Who woud have thought chocolate and durian go together like donuts and sugar ey? Maybe I'll try chocolate-dipped durian next...
....
...Or maybe not.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh.. that looks gorgeous. And during fasting month lagi. I am beginning to suspect all these sweet stuff are like medicine to you!

Hmm, no vanilla sponge? Should try some of the speciality shops that cater for baking goods. Try Guten Braun. I got my hard to get Dutch hagelslag (chocolate sprinkles) there!

Post a Comment