Sunday, September 4, 2011

Raya Baking

Happy Eid Mubarak! Had an awesome raya in KB. Now am back and adjusting to life in mundane KL. Blergh..

I baked a LOT, and I mean A LOT, of cookies for raya this year. Gone are the sleepless nights now, phew. First up, pineapple tarts!


This is a batch of 35 tarts, out of the 1250 I made. Yes, 1250 tarts. The part I hated most was the egg yolk wash on top. By the 1000th tart, I was seeing yellow spots everywhere I went.

The next raya cookie was more fun. Fun to make, fun to look at, fun to eat. It consists of this..


..to become this!


Strawberry meringue drops
I regretted making only 200 of these. Brought back to KB, and they were gone by Raya Eve!

Third cookie, and my favourite; Biskut Arab! I loveeeeloveee biskut arab. And decided to attempt making it this year. I only made 500 cookies, and brought back kampung 200. Everyone loved them, even my aunts, whom I considered skillful cooks n bakers. It was such an awesome feeling to watch my little cousins, aunts and uncles, keep taking off the container lid to help themselves to some more biskut arab. That, to me, is the biggest compliment =D


It seriously melts in your mouth
Well, that part of Raya is done and over with. In the end, the sleepless nights, the blood, sweat and tears were all worth it.

Okay tipu lahh blood sweat tears. What did I do, went to the war?! -____-

But yeah, the sleepless nights, the annoying hours brushing egg yolk on those pineapple morsels, the time-consuming rolling little pink, green and yellow balls into slightly bigger balls, were all worth it. Hehe

0 comments:

Post a Comment