Tuesday, December 13, 2011

The day I won RM5k

I suddenly remembered the day I won my first ever (and last since) radio contest. I have never been the lucky kinda people who call on the first try and win movie tickets CDs and whatnots. After a while I stopped trying haha. Anyway, I was on my way to work one morning in July 2010, and the contest "RM1k in 1 minute" came on air on Red FM. But that week, the prize money was upped to RM5k. Only for that week. I have been following the contest, and so I thought, without even one dash of hope, oh well, I'll just text in. It's only 50 cents anyway.

The DJs would call the lucky 99th SMSer through for a shot at winning the 5 grand. Guess who the lucky 99th SMSer was? Haha I was SO sure it wouldn't be me, when the DJ called, it didn't even register in my mind that it was Red FM. Heck I even forgot I texted in. :p

When I finally realised who it was, and the things that I would have to do, ON AIR!, I freaked! I was so nervous I drove soo slow in case I got a heart attack or something.

Anyway, some of the questions that I remembered:
1) A box is in a shape of a ..?
2) In maths, what is the power of 3 term called?
3) What do you call the molten rocks that volcanoes spew?
4) What do you call a male dolphin?
5) What does LHDN stand for?
6) What do you call someone who studies fossil?

I answered all the questions fine, but I got stuck at question 5! Can you believe it?? I wasn't sure whether it was Lembaga Hasil Dalam Negeri or Negara. Gosh. Bimbotic much. *slaps self*

But I finally said Negeri, and it won me 5 grand. Hehe. That was something I would always remember and smile about, because it was totally unexpected, especially as I wasn't even trying to win anything. 

I guess the reason I'm writing this, is to remind myself that sometimes, good things come when you least expect them, and although you can't put too much hope on something, you must never give up trying. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment